Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My comments on the State of the Union Address-Redux

By Michael T. Wayne-1-25-2012

Alright now, here is the problem I have with this, the State of the Union Address, 1-24-2012. I have slept on it, and I must add this update to my post. Late last year, I was having a discussion with my mother. Obama had recently threatened those of us who rely on Social Security; you know, to afford food? (Hard to live on that much money, but we did finally get a $40 raise-per month-for the first time since he took office). Naturally, I was a little (very) angry, for I am disabled. The first family could not even go on Christmas vacation together, costing us 4 million dollars. Not the first time Michelle has done this, forcing double the security measures, and twice the money. I said, and I will try to get it as close to verbatim as possible, the following- For one thing, we need to stop giving tax breaks to companies for outsourcing jobs overseas. They should, instead, be hit with penalties and sanctions. We also need to stop the tax cuts on the wealthy, for THEY can afford to pay their taxes. Why should a millionaire pay 15%, when I paid over 30% during my entire career? These men in office garner favor from the rich (and powerful). She responded that if such things were done, it would affect the jobs provided by companies owned by the very wealthy, and that they would simply pass on the expense to their employees, and it would reduce the number of jobs available. I said, What? Then we put legislature in effect that would prevent them from doing so. We would then, at the same time need to provide awards to businesses which remain in America. We should not have to, it would seem logical to me that they would want “Made in America” stamped on their product without an incentive, but I am a good person.
And as for China? Our leader should have the guts to stand up to any country in the world, whether it is China, Iran or very soon, Russia again. Why do we continue to placate the Chinese by purchasing their exports, most of which is JUNK, mainly the electronics. These things had a lot more quality when they came mainly from Japan, but, they are so preoccupied with killing whales, sharks and dolphins, it would seem they are no longer interested in providing the world with useful things. Obama says the world respects us. Well, I am pretty sure they do not. You see, they have eyes and ears just as I do, and they, too, watched his first 2 years with a Democratic controlled Congress. And how did he give us the “change” he touted when running for President? Right, he and they made things worse. But that was ALL G. W. Bush’s fault. In the second 2 years, he has been shackled to a very obdurate Republican Congress, and nothing gets approved, or simply passed, no matter how many times he tells them that they MUST pass this or that. The division between the parties is destroying us; I liken it to the conflict(s) in the middle-east, as the Arabs and Jews have been at odds over for 2 millennia.
So, if we re-elect Obama, do we give him Congress too? If you are ignorant of history, you are damned to repeat it. My party thinks this way, so I am with them. The other party is totally wrong. OK. Which party says that? Both? Correct? Where is the voice of reason, the party for me, a person whom takes the GOOD ideas from each side and would like to see those things come to fruition? There is no such party. We need a third, deciding party, made up of people who love this country, and more importantly their freedom, for it is ever diminishing, rather than lining their pockets, or doing the bidding of unions and lobbyists. Now, before I was half way finished sharing my thoughts, I was told by my mother that I sounded like a dictator. Well, I feel as if I am living in Communist Russia since the Obamas took over, so, it sounds fine to me. My voter’s registration card may say R or D, but that does not mean, thank God, that I am beholding to either side in this whining mass of Washington liars, and I will vote for whomever I believe will do the best job, not the man who says he will, and has been shown to be wrong.

The problem is, Obama can do nothing but tell us what he has done or wants to do. Most of what he says is not true. So, we put Romney in. He says that he can do a better job. I suppose I will give him the benefit of the doubt, for he has been intelligent enough to earn 150-200 or more million dollars. There is no telling how much good he could do for us, a lot I think. And as for Newt Gingrich? Not so sure. I do not believe he has the proper finesse to sway his D opponents in Congress, however, we should at least give the new R President a Republican Congress so that he may get something accomplished. I will not vote for a repeat of the last few years, as I did not vote for him to begin with. But hey, I think like a dictator, right? That is why I heard a few of my very own thoughts expressed by Obama last night. God help us. Of course, I have been told, and it’s alright, I’m just a little crazy. Not crazy enough to vote for Obama, though!
On a more positive note, a big Thank You once again to Seal Team 6, for its rescue of Jessica Buchanan and Poul Hagen Thisted from the Somalies. Is that not a mess Bill Clinton failed to clean up, just like bin-Laden? I forget, is Clinton a Republican or a Democrat? Keep up the good work, and God Bless You All!

God Bless the United States of America, and our Armed Forces!
By Michael T. Wayne- A Little Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment