Sunday, June 10, 2012

UFC On Fox- 6-8-12

UFC on Fox- June 8, 2012
By Michael T. Wayne


Some of my friends were there. I was asked to write about their experience. From what I have seen, Dana White and the UFC are normally portrayed in the media as participants in a brutal, archaic sport; led by a foul mouthed jerk.
This is complete and utter nonsense, I am told. While at the Bankatlantic Center, in Fort Lauderdale, my friends enjoyed the beautiful arena, and atmosphere. But more than that, the place was crawling with UFC fighters, pro athletes, and they were very accessible, nice, normal people. There were some great fights as well, but that is not what this is about.

Rashad Evans was there

The Iceman passed by

Dana White saying hello

Here is JC with Melvin Guillard (Photo by Big Dog)
Then they (my friends) were most impressed when they spotted Dana White, and were able to go and speak with him. He is a regular guy, and very nice man. He took the time to speak with many people, even though he did not have to. He spent some time with a special young man, a lot of time. He (the young man) was disabled, and a big fan of the UFC. I am told that the look on his face as he spoke with Dana was pure happiness. Dana even took some pictures with my friends afterwards. Everyone waited patiently for him to finish his talk with that kid, as it was apparent that this was one of the best things to ever happen to him. My friends were all shocked at how very approachable and friendly he was. Do you know of ANY other sport where the people in charge- the President of the Organization or Team Owner- is anywhere near you, or even accessible to you? The UFC is one superbly run organization, and they are good people. No wonder boxing is almost finished as a legitimite sport, with the crookedness. MMA is difficult to dispute as to a good win, "not left in the hands of the f-ing judges" as Mr. Dana White so succinctly put it many times. He has a way with words. I must say that I am a little envious that I was unable to attend, as it was very close, due to personal reasons, but my friends had a great time, and that is cool. Thanks Dana.

Here is Big Dog with Dana White
Posted by Michael T. Wayne- A Little Crazy (photos by JC and Big Dog)

No comments:

Post a Comment